The third ODI between India and Australia is scheduled to take place on Wednesday at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot.
The Men in Blue have been dominant in the series, showcasing their skills with both batting and bowling, which has enabled them to secure a 2-0 lead in the three-game ODI series. Meanwhile, Australia have faced a challenging period, as they suffered five consecutive ODI losses, including three during their tour of South Africa and two in India. The visitors will be eager to break this losing streak when they face India in the final fixture on September 27.
Australia’s best XI for the 3rd ODI against India
- David Warner: Warner has displayed flashes of his vintage form in the first two matches, registering back-to-back half-centuries. Nevertheless, he might be disappointed for not capitalizing on these promising starts to reach a significant milestone. As the third ODI approaches, Warner will be determined to shift the momentum in his favour and aim for a more substantial contribution
- Mitchell Marsh: Recognized as the most aggressive player in the Australian side, Marsh brings a dynamic presence to the team. While he had a faltering start in this series, going for a duck in the first game and missing the second, his potential to explode with the bat remains undiminished. Australia will rely on his power-hitting skills when he opens alongside Warner.
- Steve Smith: Australia’s batting stalwart, Smith, is celebrated for his adaptability and the ability to dismantle any bowling attack with gritty determination. Despite a subdued series, tallying just 43 runs in the opening fixture and suffering a duck in the second, Smith’s unparalleled experience and class make him a key figure in Australia’s batting lineup.
- Marnus Labuschagne: Labuschagne, often the man to rescue Australia in challenging situations across formats, has showcased his mettle with the bat in this series. While his dismissals have been unfortunate, he has exhibited solidity at the crease. As a promising young talent, he seeks to rectify his approach against off-spinners and continue contributing significantly.
Also READ: Sri Lanka Cricket announces its 15-man squad for the ODI World Cup 2023
- Marcus Stoinis: Positioned at number 5, Stoinis infuses an attacking flair into the batting lineup. He demonstrated his capabilities with a brisk 29 in the Mohali ODI, showcasing his ability to accelerate the scoring. With a penchant for playing aggressive shots, Stoinis is poised to make a substantial impact in the forthcoming game.
- Glenn Maxwell: This year hasn’t been favorable for Maxwell in the Australian yellow jersey due to injuries. However, his inclusion in the ODI World Cup 2023 squad underscores his extensive experience in Indian conditions. Maxwell’s explosive all-round abilities make him a potential match-winner, both with the bat and ball, and Australia are eager to harness his unique talents.
- Alex Carey: Carey was absent from the lineup in the first match, and in the second, he contributed just 14 runs. Nevertheless, he displayed exceptional wicketkeeping skills in the same game. With competition from Josh Inglis, Carey faces additional pressure to make a strong impression on the team management and selectors. The highly talented batter will be determined to showcase his true abilities before the upcoming global showpiece event.
- Pat Cummins: Serving as the captain of the Australian side, Cummins exhibits no fear when confronting challenges. Although his transition from red-ball success to ODIs has been challenging, he remains resolute in contributing to the team’s success with the ball. His leadership on and off the field will be crucial.
- Mitchell Starc: As the seasoned campaigner of World Cup campaigns, Starc has grappled with fitness concerns recently. Nonetheless, his experience and ability to deliver in high-pressure situations make him an invaluable asset. Starc harbors hope of participating in the last game to gain valuable match practice ahead of the marquee event.
- Josh Hazlewood: Holding the second spot in ICC’s ODI bowler rankings, Hazlewood is revered for his consistency and disciplined bowling approach. His knack for maintaining impeccable line and length makes him a crucial asset for Australia. His ability to generate movement and breakthroughs will be pivotal.
- Adam Zampa: Zampa emerges as Australia’s trump card with his knack for dismissing key opponents. While he has succeeded in picking up wickets in the series, his economy rate in both fixtures has raised eyebrows. Zampa, with his smart thinking and variations, aims to rectify these concerns in the upcoming fixture, potentially turning the tide in Australia’s favour.
These eleven players, each with their unique strengths and roles, are poised to play pivotal roles in their pursuit of victory and building essential momentum heading into the quadrennial event.
Also READ: ODI World Cup 2023: Aaron Finch highlights the key factor that could prevent Ravichandran Ashwin’s inclusion in Team India’s sqaud
#IND #AUS #Australias #playing #3rd #ODI #India