Posted in

Man United interested in struggling Chelsea star | Shoot

Man United interested in struggling Chelsea star | Shoot

Manchester United travel to Merseyside to face Everton in the Premier League on Monday evening. 

The Red Devils have endured a difficult campaign so far but have shown significant improvement since Michael Carrick was named as the club’s caretaker head coach last month.

Carrick has taken charge until the end of the season, but a run of four wins and a draw from his first five games will only have boosted his chances of being appointed permanently this summer.

In the meantime, though, it appears that United are also eyeing a move to sign a forward from one of their biggest rivals this summer.

As reported by CaughtOffside, the Red Devils are one of a number of clubs keeping tabs on Chelsea striker Liam Delap ahead of this summer’s transfer window.

Delap could leave Chelsea this summer after just one season at the club (Photo: Every Second Media/Alamy)

The report claims that the striker’s slow start to life at Chelsea has prompted speculation surrounding his future, and several clubs are said to be monitoring his situation.

Newcastle United, Brighton and Hove Albion, Sunderland, and Everton are all said to be interested in the Englishman.

Delap, 23, joined the Blues from Ipswich Town last summer having netted 12 times in 27 games for the Tractor Boys last term.

His move to Stamford Bridge hasn’t gone entirely to plan so far, though, with Delap having scored just once in 17 Premier League games this season.

It is claimed that Chelsea could be willing to allow the striker to leave the club this summer and, while a loan move would likely be the Blues’ preference, they could also consider a permanent sale.

Delap is under contract in west London until the end of the 2030/31 campaign, having signed a long-term contract with the Club World Cup champions when signing last summer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *