Posted in

Liverpool star Salah in talks with surprise club | Shoot

Liverpool star Salah in talks with surprise club | Shoot

Mohamed Salah is set to make his final appearance for Liverpool when they face Brentford at Anfield on Sunday. 

It was announced earlier this year that the Egyptian will depart Merseyside at the end of the current campaign, and Salah is set to feature against the Bees on the final day.

While the 33-year-old is on his way out of Liverpool, his next destination is not yet clear despite links with several different clubs.

Now, though, it has emerged that Salah has been in talks over a shock move to Turkey this summer.

As per CaughtOffside, the forward has given the green light to a potential move to Turkish Super Lig giants Fenerbahce.

It is claimed that Salah remains of interest to clubs in the Saudi Pro League, including Al Nassr, Al Hilal, Al Ahli and Al Qadsiah all said to be monitoring the player.

Al Ittihad – who previously attempted to sign Salah – are no longer said to be in talks over a deal.

Salah will leave Liverpool this summer (Photo: Andrew Orchard/Alamy)

According to the report, Salah has been given an ‘informal offer’ from Fenerbahce, with the player himself suggesting that he would he willing to accept an annual alary of around £11 million in order to continue playing in Europe.

Salah joined Liverpool from Italian side Roma in 2017 and has since established himself as one of the best players in world football over the past decade.

In total he has scored 257 goals and provided 122 assists in 441 games across all competitions, lifting no fewer than nine trophies including two Premier League titles.

Despite previous links, the report suggests that Salah is currently unlikely to move to Saudi Arabia, although talks with Fenerbahce are currently said to be going well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *