Posted in

LIV Golf’s Bryson DeChambeau shares wild moon landing theory

LIV Golf’s Bryson DeChambeau shares wild moon landing theory

Two-time U.S. Open champion revealed his belief in conspiracy theory about 1969 moon landing broadcast on Katie Miller Pod.

Article content

If one thing is for certain about Bryson DeChambeau, it’s that he never fails to entertain – for better or worse.

The LIV Golf star is making waves online after sharing his interesting take on the 1969 moon landing, revealing that there’s something about it that doesn’t add up.

Article content

Article content

During an appearance on the Katie Miller Pod, which is hosted by the wife of White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller, DeChambeau spoke about a wide array of topics, including his workout routine, using physics in everyday life and conspiracy theories.

One such theory he believes involves the moon landing and what actually took place back in 1969.

“Look, Elon (Musk) says we’ve definitely gone there, so I tend to go that route, because he’s the man that knows quite a bit about all that,” DeChambeau said during his appearance on the podcast, which was released on Tuesday.

Advertisement 2

Article content

“Artemis just went around the moon. So I do believe if we spent a lot of our resources like they say we did, I think we did.”

However, DeChambeau then threw some cold water on whether folks back on Earth actually saw the real moon landing happen.

“I don’t think the footage is real,” he said. “But I think we did go to the moon. I don’t know about the footage. It’s quite … It’s quite wild.”

How did DeChambeau fare at the PGA Championship?

The podcast appearance is sure to take some attention away from DeChambeau’s struggles at last week’s PGA Championship.

DeChambeau shot a 76 in the first round, followed by a second-round 71 to sit at seven over and miss the cut for the second straight major championship.

The 32-year-old previously had missed the cut at the Masters in April after sitting at six over following the first two rounds at Augusta National.

What will DeChambeau do with LIV Golf losing funding?

While his comments on the moon landing certainly caught the attention of many, fans also have been left wondering what the future holds for the two-time U.S. Open champion.

Advertisement 3

Article content

He has been competing on the LIV Golf circuit since 2022, but the breakaway tour recently had its funding pulled by the Saudi Public Investment Fund.

When asked about his golf future, DeChambeau told Miller he could potentially turn to YouTube instead of returning to the PGA Tour.

Read More

“I’m in that weird space right now, I don’t know what to do, either: Content creation or professional golf,” said DeChambeau, who boasts more than 2.7 million subscribers on the video-content platform. “I don’t know what to do right now.”

He also added that the money that he makes from YouTube isn’t far off from his LIV Golf earnings.

“I’d say they’re about the same. If you’re up at that level and content creation, they are very, very similar,” he said.

Article content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *