Legendary New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor gave his fans a scare last month. The 10-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champion was hospitalized in New Jersey in late April due to stomach-related illness. He was in the medical center for about two weeks before being discharged on May 5.
Taylor, a 1999 inductee into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, played 184 games for the Giants during his 13-year NFL career. In that time, he totaled 142 sacks, 41 forced fumbles and nine interceptions. He was selected to eight All-Pro teams and won three AP Defensive Player of the Year awards.
© Tyson Trish/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images
An update on the health status of Taylor emerged on Friday from his attorney, Mark Eiglarsh, as Eiglarsh said that his client was doing “much better,” according to New York Post reporter Edward Lewis.
“He’s feeling well and is back on the golf course,” Eiglarsh said. “While his game has taken a step backwards since the hospitalization, he’s grateful to be back out there, playing the sport that he loves.”
Lawrence Taylor doing 'much better' after scary hospitalization pic.twitter.com/FMQciFQXjH
— New York Post (@nypost) May 22, 2026
After Taylor was released from the hospital over two weeks ago, he said that he was “deeply grateful to the entire medical staff for their exceptional care and unwavering support,” according to Eiglarsh.
Eiglarsh also added that the 67-year-old Taylor was grateful for the support and love he received after the news of his hospitalization went public.
“Mr. Taylor would also like to sincerely thank everyone for the outpouring of love, support, and prayers,” he said. “Knowing that so many people were thinking of him and praying for his recovery gave him strength and helped carry him through a very challenging time.”
Since retirement, Taylor has been a staple on the golf course and has continued to stay around the Giants and NFL communities.
Related: Lawrence Taylor News Emerges After Hospitalization
