Posted in

John Cena on Original Plans for His Match at Crown Jewel Perth, Big E on His In-Ring Retirement Decision, Jaida Parker Out of Action with Neck Injury, New Trademark for Clash In Italy – TPWW

John Cena on Original Plans for His Match at Crown Jewel Perth, Big E on His In-Ring Retirement Decision, Jaida Parker Out of Action with Neck Injury, New Trademark for Clash In Italy – TPWW

John Cena Comments on Original Plans for His Match at Crown Jewel Perth

A recent episode of the No Contest Wrestling podcast featured former WWE wrestler John Cena as the guest. One of the topics discussed included Cena’s thoughts about how AJ Styles was not his originally planned opponent for his match at this past October’s Crown Jewel Perth event.

“AJ was supposed to be Drew but it pivoted. We wanted to give them a feel-good moment because they were listening to the data points. They listen to you guys, they do. It’s real.”

Cena also gave his thoughts about his retirement tour run in 2025 and how fans were happy at times with how it was going on but not at other times.

“You have the Brock moment, people are pissed off. Then you have the AJ moment, things are great. Then you have the three-appearance run with Dom, which is fun.“

Cena also gave his thoughts about how the original plans for him turning back as a face was meant to take place during his Undisputed WWE Championship match against Cody Rhodes at SummerSlam 2025 and not at the go-home show.

Cena also gave his thoughts about how it was his decision to smile and tap out during his retirement match against Gunther.

“You have the Brock moment, people are pissed off. Then you have the AJ moment, things are great. Then you have the three-appearance run with Dom, which is fun.“

Transcript h/t: F4WOnline.com


Big E Comments on His In-Ring Retirement Decision

As noted before, Big E has been out of action for WWE since March of 2022 due to a broken neck injury. Big E announced earlier this month that he is officially retired from his in-ring wrestling career.

Sports Illustrated’s The Takedown on SI held a recent interview with Big E. One of the topics discussed included Big E’s thoughts about his decision to retire from his in-ring wrestling career.

“For me, especially when I first broke my neck, I really didn’t think a lot of it. I wasn’t in pain, I wasn’t concussed at all, I didn’t have any real nerve issues. I was like, ‘Okay, we’ll heal up,’ and they told me initially, I think it was eight weeks being in a neck brace, and you should be good to go.

My C1 was broken in two places, and oftentimes, when that happens, the C1 will heal like cartilage. So in those gaps, it’ll form cartilage instead of ossifying, instead of forming new bone. So after talking to (Dr. Juan Uribe) and a few other doctors, the doctor almost damn near begged me like, ‘Hey, please, even if you get your all go, you’re clear, you’re allowed to get back in the ring, please really reconsider it,’ and when I told him, ‘I think I’m definitely leaning towards being done,’ he almost quite literally breathed a sigh of relief. So for someone who’s been doing this for so long, who knows a lot more about spines and necks than I do, I definitely took heed.

You see so many of the veterans, the legends, around WrestleMania, oftentimes that’s when you see a lot of the guys you don’t see year-round, and man, it’s sobering. So many of them, who aren’t even that old, are struggling with pain. Clearly not very ambulatory. They’re using walkers to get around, and man, I told myself, as much as I love my career, as much as I love being an athlete, I am really gambling with my health.”


Jaida Parker Out of Action Neck Injury

Tuesday’s WWE NXT show featured the announcement of Jaida Parker currently being out of action due to a neck injury.

During the show, Blake Monroe interrupted a conversation between NXT Interim GM Robert Stone and WWE Speed Women’s Champion Fallon Henley. Monroe complained about Parker’s actions towards her last week and Stone responded back stating that Parker has been suspended for attacking a referee. Stone also stated that Parker is also currently out of action due to a neck injury and speculated Monroe was responsible for it.

No other details were given regarding Stone’s injury nor if it is a legitimate injury or just a storyline one.


WWE Files New Trademark for Clash In Italy

WWE filed a new trademark for “Clash In Italy” on February 17th for wrestling and entertainment-related purposes to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

This is the name of WWE’s newest Clash In branded event that will be taking place on May 31st in Turin, Italy.

Portion of trademark filing:

Entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling; entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *