Premier League champions Arsenal will lift the trophy after their match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday.
Mikel Arteta’s side were officially confirmed as winners after second-placed Manchester City were held to a 1-1 draw by Bournemouth on Tuesday night, leaving the Gunners four points clear with a single game remaining.
Ahead of their visit to south London, though, it has emerged that Arsenal are one of a number of big Premier League sides interested in an Italy international ahead of the summer transfer window.
As per CaughtOffside, Arsenal are one of a number of English clubs interested in Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali.
The report claims that the Italian is keen to secure a move away from St. James’ Park this summer and his agent has therefore already been in contact with both Arsenal and Manchester City.
Chelsea and Manchester United are also said to be in the running to land the 26-year-old, while Jose Mourinho’s shock return to Real Madrid makes the Spanish giants another possible destination for the player.
Tonali looks set to be on the move this summer (Photo: News Images Ltd/Alamy)
Tonali joined the Magpies from Serie A side AC Milan in 2023 and has since made a total of 110 appearances for Eddie Howe’s side across all competitions, including more than 50 so far this season.
The midfielder’s contract is set to keep him in the North East until the summer of 2028, but Tonali has previously been linked with a move away from the club and it appears that he will once again be at the centre of a transfer saga this summer.
Despite significant interest from clubs in the Premier League , the report suggests that nothing has yet advanced with either Arsenal or Man City, despite the two clubs both being in initial discussions.
Tonali himself is also said to prefer the idea of a return to his homeland.
