Chelsea travel to face Sunderland in the Premier League on Sunday, in caretaker head coach Calum McFarlane’s final game in charge.
The Blues announced last week that Xabi Alonso will take up the role of manager on July 1, succeeding Liam Rosenior who was sacked in April.
McFarlane’s side sit eighth in the top flight table heading into the final match of the season, and could still qualify for either the Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League, or miss out on European qualification completely.
In the wake of the Alonso announcement, speculation has been rife in relation to potential summer arrivals at Stamford Bridge this summer.
Now, it has emerged that the Blues are once again in the race to sign one of Europe’s most prolific goal scorers.
As per TEAMtalk, Chelsea are once again among the clubs that could sign Galatasaray striker Victor Osimhen this summer.
Osimhen could be on the move this summer (Photo: Associated Press/Alamy)
The report suggests that the Nigerian’s representatives are assessing potential destinations for the player this summer, with several top several sides interested in the 27-year-old.
Both Barcelona and Real Madrid are said to be possible destinations for the forward, with the former searching for a replacement for Robert Lewandowski.
Chelsea, meanwhile, have previously been linked with a move for Osimhen and are once again said to be viewed by the player’s representatives as a possible next club.
Since joining Galatasaray on loan from Italian giants Napoli in 2024, the Nigeria international has scored 59 goals and provided 16 assists in 74 games for the Turkish side across all competitions.
He had previously netted 76 times in 133 games for Napoli, guiding the club to the Serie A title in 2023.
Chelsea are said to be on the hunt for new signings in the wake of Alonso’s impending arrival, and Osimhen could be one to watch in the coming months.
